Questions You Should Ask Before You Hire An Attorney
The Disability and Injury Law Offices of David R. Machek helps people apply for and receive Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income benefits. We understand selecting an attorney to help you through this process is an important task. Are you wondering how you select a lawyer to represent you? Do you know what to look for in an attorney?
As an experienced Social Security Disability attorney who only practices in this area of law, I receive many questions from new clients. I welcome these questions. I want you to feel comfortable asking them, and I invite you to contact our firm at any time to arrange your free consultation. I believe your attorney should have extensive knowledge about Social Security law, be comfortable handling your claim at any level and be aggressive at every stage of the process.
Before you engage an attorney to represent you, what questions should you ask? Here’s a good list to ask any attorney:
- How long have you been practicing law?
- Who will represent me at the hearing? How much experience does that attorney have?
- Do you handle cases other than Social Security Disability?
- Do you handle federal court appeals? How many federal court appeals have you personally litigated?
- How do you stay current on changes in Social Security law?
- Do you provide your clients with current Social Security information?
- Do you teach Social Security Disability law to other attorneys? How often do you train others in this field?
- How will you prepare me for my hearing?
- Who will work on my case?
- Is your office fully capable of complying with SSA’s electronic filing procedures?
- Would my case qualify for a Decision on the Record or Expedited Hearing? Will you work for that result?
Ask our lawyer from the Disability and Injury Law Offices of David R. Machek these questions, and you will feel confident choosing our firm to represent you. You will feel confident with the Social Security information we provide Contact us online or by phone at Jenkintown 215-385-5353 or Philadelphia 215-323-5320 to arrange your free consultation today.